Pupil Premium and Free School Meals
If your child is eligible for ‘free school meals’ and you register them for this, we’ll receive extra funding called ‘Pupil Premium’. We use this extra money to improve the educational provision and resources at the school.
For example, we’ve previously used Pupil Premium funding for:
- Educational provision/resources
- Academic interventions
- Wellbeing and self-esteem building interventions
What is Pupil Premium funding?
Pupil Premium funding from the government is given to schools to help pupils reach their full potential, regardless of their background or financial situation. It’s provided for pupils who:
- Are registered for free school meals
- Have been registered for free school meals at any point in the past 6 years
- Are, or have been, in care
- Have parents in the armed forces
Is my child eligible for free school meals?
Your child might be eligible if you access:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance or Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on
- Universal Credit, provided you have an annual net earned income not exceeding £7,400 (£616.67 per month)