Week 7 - wb 8th June
'Contre Temps' - Against time
Imagine if an apocalypse had plunged the world underwater. The film (click on the image) opens with a view of the strange setting, we are left wondering if the clocks are underwater or inside a glass room under the water. It is not until we first meet the clock hunter that we see that this is his home and it is under the water. He is waiting for something and at 12...but what is it?
- Describe the opening scene, drawing it out, adding a sense mystery to make the reader wonder what is going on
- Write dialogue between the man and girl.
- Write the narrative in 1st person in the form of a diary/recount for each character.
- Build tension during the escape sequence.
- Write a sequel - what happens next.
- Write a prequel - could be done in the form of a flashback with the clock hunter remembering the day that time stood still and the waters came.
- Create a newspaper report describing the floods.