Week 3 - wb 4th May
Once Upon a Picture - Above the Sky
- What can you see?
- Who is the woman?
- Why is she holding an umbrella and a bag?
- Where did she come from? Where is she going?
- How can she survive here?
- What might she be thinking at this moment?
- If you could ask her a question, what would you ask?
- Imagine you could go ‘above the sky’. How would you describe what you could see to someone who wasn’t with you? Role play/write the conversation you might have with someone over the radio.
- Write a poem describing the view from above the sky.
The Literacy Shed - Broken: Rock, Paper, Scissors
Writing activity ideas:
- Write character profiles for the 3 main characters.
- Compare and contrast the character traits.
- Get into character as Rock and write a description of Paper.
- How could Rock could defeat Scissors in the game?
- Create a wanted poster for Scissors.
- Create models of each character out of suitable materials, e.g. origami for paper and play dough for rock.
- Create setting descriptions for each character's home.
- Write the story from the point of view of each character.
- Write 'Origins' stories for each of them, where have they come from? How where they created?