Week 1 - wb 20th April
Year 6 Writing workbook on: Doors - the world of possibility by Jamie Thomas
- I didn’t mean to kill her.
- The air turned black all around me.
- Icy fingers gripped my arm in the darkness.
- Wandering through the graveyard it felt like something was watching me.
- The eyes in the painting follow him down the corridor.
- A shrill cry echoed in the mist
- Icy wind slashed at his face and the rain danced its evil dance upon his head as he tried to get his bearings on the isolated beach.
- Footsteps slowly creaked on every step of the stairs. The bedroom door handle turned slowly.
- Death lurked in every door way with hell at one dark window. Inspired by A. Noyes 'The Highwayman'
- My hair stood on end, a shiver raced down my spine and a lump came to my throat. It was him...
11. Slowly, a foot moved, then the trunk, then a loud growl shook the cavern...
12. The gravestones stood silently, row upon row like soldiers long forgotten, a scream shattered the silence...
13. Bleary-eyed, I went downstairs for breakfast, the house was empty, even the furniture had gone...
14. The lights flickered and then went off, then the sirens started, it was coming, we knew it wouldn’t be the last time...
15. The date was 13th July, my 345th birthday... it would be my last...
16. Three of us. We were the only ones left, the only ones to make it to the island.
17. "What have you done?" the headmaster bellowed, all eyes now turned to me as he stood over the lifeless body on playground.
18. Dad just sat and cried. He cried for three whole days. His face was blotchy and his eyes were red. Then one day he just stopped...
19. "Follow me!" she whispered.
Once upon a Picture - 'Dream Big'
- What do you think is happening here?
- Why is the title ‘Dream Big’?
- Is the girl touching the stars? Did she draw the constellation?
- Is the animal beside her a dog? A wolf? Something else?
- Why does it have trailing lines? Is it real? Is it her pet? Could it be a demon, like in Northern Lights?
- Why are they standing on piles of books?
- Does this picture have a message? What could it be?
- On Yuumei’s website, this picture is accompanied by the caption, ‘Let your imagination grow.’ Why do you think this is?