Useful info and websites
Home School Links
These are some links to resources and ideas to support you and your child at home. We would encourage many activities to be through play and encourage the development of vocabulary. Try to limit time on ipads and technology and use the ideas to explore real objects and real experiences where possible.
Child led play and supporting your child to grow.
- Follow your child’s lead & interests.
- Don’t compete with your child.
- Don’t take over the play or try to dominate.
- Engage in role play and make believe with your child. Don’t try to make it real or make sense in an everyday way – be imaginative!
- Use descriptive comments instead of asking questions.
- Reward quiet play with your attention.
- Be enthusiastic.
- Repeat the game at a later date if your child is still interested. This shows your child that you enjoyed spending time with him/her and value it. It will also embed your child’s learning (e.g. new vocabulary, understanding of the world, maths concepts etc.).
- Tell your child that you enjoyed playing and learning with him/her.
- Share the experience with school if you get chance to take a photo and write a sentence about it.
- Take the game outside if you can.
- Be physical – run, jump, climb and crawl.
- Laugh and have fun.
Enjoy the learning journey with your child!