For this final week of Year 5, you can choose the task you would like to complete for your Topic lesson. Below, there are 6 activities to choose from. Whichever you complete, make sure you send in a picture to our Year 5 email address.
Each week there will be a new topic lesson with Miss Doubtfire on this page.
There will be a video and a choice of tasks for you to complete underneath.
Make sure you email any work you complete to our Year 5 email... firstname.lastname@example.org
Task: Design a Greek vase to show the story of your life.
We would love to see what you've created, send us a picture of your Greek vase.
If you want a helping hand, you could use the template below to get you started.
Task: Create a set of Top Trumps of Greek Gods and Goddesses
We would love to see what you've created, send us a picture of your Top Trumps or you could even send a picture of you playing with them.
Use the resources below to help you find out a little more about some of the Greek Gods and Goddesses:
Top Trump Cards Templates
Task: Research a Greek island or city of your choice and present the information you find.
Send us your creation but don't rush, you've got all week!
- Create a travel brochure or leaflet for your chosen island to persuade holiday makers to travel there.
- Create an information booklet or portfolio of all the information you find.
- Design a poster with pictures and writing to display your information.
- Create a PowerPoint presentation to present your findings.
Task: Make a Greek salad, using a knife to cut safely.
Send us a picture of you enjoying your salad!
Other task ideas:
- Design and make your own salad using ingredients of your choice.
- Write a recipe for a Greek salad and publish it for a recipe book.
- Make a video to advertise your new Greek salad lunch product.
- Design a Greek menu using traditional Greek foods - you might need to do a bit of research for this one!
- Taste test Greek foods, see if you find a new favourite food. You could try; pomegranate, honey, pita bread, tzatziki, olives, grape juice, olive oil or figs.
Want something else to do?
Try one of these ideas...