Flying High Trust - Virtual Competition
Being as Candleby Lane is a proud member of the Flying High Trust, we are encouraging all students (and staff) to have a go at the Virtual Competitions which are being organised over the coming weeks ahead of a Trust-wide Virtual Sports Day on Wednesday 10th June.
Each week a new activity will be posted on a Tuesday, previewing one of the activities which will be taking place during the Virtual Sports Day. These activities will be promoted through Twitter accounts of the @FlyingHighTrust and their specific PE and Sport link @FHT_PE but don't worry we will of course link to these from the School's own Twitter page which is @Candleby
It is recommended that you try to learn and practice the challenge every day from Tuesday to Friday (this can support with their recommended daily active time). In total, five challenges will be set over the course of five weeks - the last one finishing the Friday before virtual sports day.
Virtual Sports Day:
On Wednesday 10th June will be our Trust-wide Virtual Sports Day.
- Over the course of the day (10:00 until 3:00) there will be a challenge set every hour (open to all pupils, parents and staff).
- There will be a Google Form to complete for competitors to submit and the results will be produced from this.
- There will be winners for each key stage (plus an adult competition) along with points earned for all entries from every school.
- Results for each challenge will be released on the day (after the completion of each challenge).
- The following day, Thursday 11th, the winning schools will be announced, these will be categorised to allow for infant, junior and primary schools to all compete fairly).
Notts School Games - Competitions at home
This is a virtual curriculum PE / Physical Activity offer - each week you will focus on a new sport. By accessing the weekly resources, pupils (and Teachers) get the chance to take part in virtual competition - all obviously on a friendly and inclusive basis.
These resources have been made by Active Notts and their partners to put together a weekly resource featuring content for Mon-Fri - games and activities designed at engaging pupils in 30 minutes of activity around the home.
Please pay big attention to the Friday virtual competition and note every weekly sporting resource will feature a virtual competition which is culturally themed rather than physical activity - hoping to engage as many pupils as possible not just 'sporty' pupils. Pupils will send their competition entries to Active Notts who will then keep a weekly leaderboard of school entries based on the highest % of entries against number on roll, i.e. a large school is not at an advantage vs small school. At the end of each week there will be a prize for the top school in each district plus a prize for the top school in Nottinghamshire! Note that every pupil submitting an entry will get a certificate (automatically generated) and there will also be individual prize draws.