Here you will find lots of different ways you could keep fit and healthy whilst you are at home. Keeping active is extremely important both physically and mentally, so take a look at the challenges and links below for some great ideas:
Why not send your teacher a picture of you completing one of these activities for our weekly newsletter...
Flying High Trust - Virtual Competition
Being as Candleby Lane is a proud member of the Flying High Trust, we are encouraging all students (and staff) to have a go at the Virtual Competitions which are being organised over the coming weeks ahead of a Trust-wide Virtual Sports Day on Wednesday 10th June.
Each week a new activity will be posted on a Tuesday, previewing one of the activities which will be taking place during the Virtual Sports Day. These activities will be promoted through Twitter accounts of the @FlyingHighTrust and their specific PE and Sport link @FHT_PE but don't worry we will of course link to these from the School's own Twitter page which is @Candleby
It is recommended that you try to learn and practice the challenge every day from Tuesday to Friday (this can support with their recommended daily active time). In total, five challenges will be set over the course of five weeks - the last one finishing the Friday before virtual sports day.
Virtual Sports Day:
On Wednesday 10th June will be our Trust-wide Virtual Sports Day.
- Over the course of the day (10:00 until 3:00) there will be a challenge set every hour (open to all pupils, parents and staff).
- There will be a Google Form to complete for competitors to submit and the results will be produced from this.
- There will be winners for each key stage (plus an adult competition) along with points earned for all entries from every school.
- Results for each challenge will be released on the day (after the completion of each challenge).
- The following day, Thursday 11th, the winning schools will be announced, these will be categorised to allow for infant, junior and primary schools to all compete fairly).
Here are a few useful websites you could visit. Click on the image to go straight to the page you need.
Daily live streams from Joe Wicks (The Body Coach) at 9am.
Watch live @9am or catch up any time throughout the day!
Exercise is extremely important to keep healthy physically and mentally, particularly during tricky times!
Could you send your teacher a picture of you completing a Joe Wicks workout?
Cosmic Kids Yoga has videos of Yoga classes to energise, relax or even encourage reading!!
Zen Den is a series of videos focussing on mindfulness for children.
Movement and mindfulness videos created for children.
Get up and active to start your day or burn off some energy later on in the day!