Week 8 - wb 15th June
Want to try some different ideas to keep you fit and healthy.
- Have a go at a Just Dance video on youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gt3HOhQUYtc
- Try these fun games which are active too on Go Noodle. https://www.gonoodle.com/
- How about having a go at some zumba. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FP0wgVhUC9w
- Have a go at these exercise regimes - Les Mills Born to Move. There are a variety of videos on youtube to follow. Different themes for 6 - 7 year olds.
Week 7 - wb 8th June.
As the weather is a little cooler why not try this alphabet, exercise activity. Use your name or one of the Year 1 spellings and create an exercise routine. You could even create new exercises for each letter of the alphabet.
Flying High Trust - Virtual Sports Day
As Candleby Lane is a proud member of the Flying High Trust, we are encouraging all students (and staff) to have a go at the Virtual Competitions which are being organised over the coming weeks ahead of a Trust-wide Virtual Sports Day on Wednesday 10th June.
Each week a new activity will be posted on a Tuesday, previewing one of the activities which will be taking place during the Virtual Sports Day. These activities will be promoted through Twitter accounts of the @FlyingHighTrust and their specific PE and Sport link @FHT_PE but don't worry we will of course link to these from the School's own Twitter page which is @Candleby
It is recommended that you try to learn and practice the challenge every day from Tuesday to Friday (this can support with their recommended daily active time). In total, five challenges will be set over the course of five weeks - the last one finishing the Friday before virtual sports day.
Virtual Sports Day:
On Wednesday 10th June will be our Trust-wide Virtual Sports Day.
- Over the course of the day (10:00 until 3:00) there will be a challenge set every hour (open to all pupils, parents and staff).
- There will be a Google Form to complete for competitors to submit and the results will be produced from this.
- There will be winners for each key stage (plus an adult competition) along with points earned for all entries from every school.
- Results for each challenge will be released on the day (after the completion of each challenge).
- The following day, Thursday 11th, the winning schools will be announced, these will be categorised to allow for infant, junior and primary schools to all compete fairly).
Week 6 - wb 1st June.
Below are some ideas for PE at home to try incase you fancied something other than Joe Wicks.
Why not google Cosmic Yoga and try an underwater adventure or an Oti Mabuse dance class and try the Moana dance or even Trolls.
Andy from Cbeebies has an under the sea workout you could try.
Can you set your own exercise challenge? Create your own exercises and see how many you can do in a specific time like the one below.