Welcome to Summer Term! The Year 1 team would like to remind you how incredible you all are and how proud we are of everyone!
As a team we just wanted to remind you again that anything and everything you are doing at home to help your children is fantastic and we couldn't ask for more. In relation to all the pages and content we have provided the message is still the same, there is no expectation or pressure to get all of these activities done. The process itself should be child led, whereby your child feels that they are taking ownership of the learning that is being undertaken at home. Anything completed will contribute to their ongoing educational development which is the only thing that matters during this time.
To help you with this, underneath your home learning has been split into different sections to help you make your way around the activities. You can choose to complete any of the activities within these areas and maybe even create some of your own!
Summer Term Learning Format
Practice - keep practising their key skills
- Maths - Numbots, Maths Factor (Active Learn) and teaching videos to help cover previous learning.
- Reading - Bug Club reading books (Active Learn), Lexia (if your child has an account).
- Writing - SPAG Bug Club (Active Learn), teaching videos and spelling games to help cover previous learning.
Learn - learning tasks updated weekly
- Maths - White Rose video then complete the activity sheet
- Reading - Read the chapters on Purple Mash & complete the quiz and activities, as well as some non-technology options, too!
- Writing – A range of PurpleMash and pen & paper activities.
- Phonics - Watch the video introducing a new sound daily and complete the short activity following.
- For all subjects in the 'explore' section you will find some extra challenges to complete if you want to take your learning even further!
In Science and Wider Curriculum, you will find a suggestion of some activities that you can do at home!
Never forget, we still want you to have FUN so send your teachers pictures of you doing these activities and anything in between!
Contact the team!
During our period of home learning Year 1 would like to express that we are here to support with all of your questions. Please do not hesitate to contact us.
firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org