Welcome to our Home Learning Zone.
Here you can find a variety of resources to support your children's home learning.
Go into your child's year group page (the 'Helping at Home' star) to find more specific resources for their age group.
Non-screen activities you can do at home!
Here are some resources for online safety.
UK Safer Internet Centre, advice for Parents & Carers - https://www.saferinternet.org.uk/advice-centre/parents-and-carers
https://www.twinkl.co.uk/ General educational resources free to parents.The free access code for a month for parents is: UKTWINKLHELPS
http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/websites/4_11/ All subjects
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01b8f09 All subjects
Physical Activity/ Yoga
https://www.cosmickids.com/ Free yoga activities
https://www.gonoodle.com/ Free physical activities
https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/ Parents can join for free and download free eBooks, access interactive games and reading comprehensions.
https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/ Phonics activities. Phonics Play are currently offering free access for parents without the need for a subscriptions. To access their resources, use the following details - Username: march20 Password: home
www.phonicsplaycomics.co.uk also have free decodable comics available.
https://worldbook.kitaboo.com/reader/worldbook/index.html?usertoken=Mjk5MzQ6MTpJUjA5MjAxNjoyOmNsaWVudDE2OTc6MTY5NzoyMjE2Mjg4OjE6MTU4NDM4MDExMzA2Mjp1cw World Book Online have just made their fabulous collection of over 3,000 eBooks and audiobooks available for free for children of all ages to access.
https://www.literacyshed.com/home.html Literacy Shed has hundreds of resources to use as a writing stimulus for children of all ages.
www.topmarks.co.uk Maths games
https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/class-clips-video/art-and-design-ks2--ks3-schools-art-and-design/zmd4mfr Amazing online artist-led tutorials
https://artsandculture.google.com/project/art-camera Zoom in and out of famous artwork for inspiration
kids.tate.org.uk/games Art games
https://www.oxfam.org.uk/education Oxfam Education
- A wide variety of books for all ages.
- A large list of online resources which are mainly free. The link takes you to a Word document which contains all the links and summaries of the resources. . https://t.co/NZNEKQLKQZ?amp=1
- Author Skype. As most schools have stopped accepting visitors you could make use of a Skype from an author. If schools close you could potentially still do this by giving families the details of how to access the Skype. Most are free. https://t.co/LkjNu4FZIJ?amp=1
More Website Links
Finger Spelling Signs
Resources for anxiety & communication and Interaction
NCB have been asked if it would be possible to coordinate a helpline for parents and are looking at feasibility of extending current provision to support. But in the meantime we have pulled together a list of helpful resources to share:
- National Autistic Society – guidance and helpline for parents’, young people and staff: https://www.autism.org.uk/services/nas-schools/vanguard/news/2020/march/coronavirus-(covid-19)-advice.aspx
- Mencap - Easy Read guide to Coronavirus: https://www.mencap.org.uk/sites/default/files/2020-03/Information%20about%20Coronavirus%20ER%20SS2.pdf
- Place2Be – Guide to helping parents answer questions from their children and to support family wellbeing: https://www.place2be.org.uk/about-us/news-and-blogs/2020/march/coronavirus-information-for-children/
- Young Minds - Talking to your child about Coronavirus and 10 tips from their Parents Helpline to support family wellbeing: https://youngminds.org.uk/blog/talking-to-your-child-about-coronavirus/
- Carers UK - Guidance for carers: https://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advice/health/looking-after-your-health/coronavirus-covid-19
- Covibook – an interactive resource designed to support and reassure children aged 7 and under, designed to help children explain and draw the emotions that they might be experiencing during the pandemic: https://www.mindheart.co/descargables
- Amaze - information pack for parents https://amazesussex.org.uk/faqs-about-the-coronavirus-for-parent-carers-of-children-with-send-brighton-hove/
- Public Health England have produced an easy read version of their Advice on the coronavirus for places of education. You can download it her