Colin the Candleby Caterpillar has arrived!
We would like to create our very own caterpillar outside CCLS. To be part of this, you need to decorate a stone (be as creative as you like!). Then add your stone to Colin the Candleby Caterpillar which will be looping around the fence at the front of CCLS.
Welcome Back - Return to School Video
Follow the link below to the Covid-19 Information page to find a video to show you what school will look like if you are returning as a child of a Key Worker or returning year group.
Summer Term Update Letter
Dear Parents and Carers,
We want you to know that we will be here every day to support you with activities, fun ideas and answering questions. We will use this class page as our main method of communication, so please keep checking regularly.
Summer Term Home Learning will take the following structure:
Practice - Keep practising key skills
- Maths – Box challenges, Times Table Rockstars, Purple Mash and Maths Factor (Active Learn) tasks
- Reading - Bug Club reading books (Active Learn), Lexia (if your child has an account)
- Writing/Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling – Box challenges, spag.com, SPAG Bug Club (Active Learn), spelling games
Learn - Daily learning tasks updated weekly
- Maths - White Rose video then complete the activity sheet (this can be done on a piece of paper)
- Reading - Oak National Academy/BBC Bitesize lessons and read the chapters on Purple Mash & complete the quiz
- Writing - Oak National Academy/BBC Bitesize lessons and complete the writing 2Dos on Purple Mash - this links with the reading task
- Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling - BBC Bitesize lessons/Spellings to learn and additional activities for Grammar.
Explore - Fancy an extra challenge?
- For all subjects in the 'explore' section you will find some extra challenges to complete if they would like it!
In Science and Wider Curriculum, you will find a suggestion of some further learning activities.
We would love to hear how you are getting on and having fun - so why not send us a photograph?
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions at all – we are here to support you in whatever way we can.
The Year 6 Team
firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org