Year 5 Newsletters
Summer Term Update Letter
Dear Parents and Carers,
During this period of school closure, there are still many fantastic opportunities to learn and we are sure you are keen to support your children to continue to explore, discover and develop. We want you to know that we will be here every day to support you with activities, fun ideas and answering questions. We will use this class page as our main method of communication, so please keep checking regularly.
Summer Term Home Learning will take the following structure:
- Practice - keep practising their key skills
- Maths - TTR, Numbots and Maths Factor (Active Learn)
- Reading - Bug Club reading books (Active Learn), Lexia (if your child has an account)
- Writing - SPAG Bug Club (Active Learn), spelling games
- Learn - daily learning tasks updated weekly
- Maths - White Rose video then complete the activity sheet
- Reading - Read the chapters on Purple Mash & complete the quiz AND BBC Bitesize lesson
- Writing - BBC Bitesize English lessons AND complete the writing 2Do on Purple Mash - this links with the reading task
- For all subjects in the 'explore' section you will find some extra challenges to complete if they would like it!
In Science and Wider Curriculum, you will find a suggestion of some activities that you can do at home!
As normal, we expect all children to be reading at least 3 times a week (maybe you could even find the time to read daily?) as well as practising their spellings. We will be looking at your child’s work each day and where possible, we will provide feedback. We would love to hear from your child to find out how they are doing – perhaps they could send us some pictures on an email to show or tell us what they've been up to on 2Email (Purple Mash)?
We wish you all the very best at this difficult time and can’t wait for things to return to normal! Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions at all – we are here to support you in whatever way we can.
The Year 5 Team